LaSuria Kandi Allman interviews Detroit Hip Hop Artist D.G. Clip #hiphop #YoungThug #RichHomieQuan.

    Author: Ey Wade Genre: »
    Rating

    Thank you for returning. You're just in time to catch  LaSuria Kandi Allman in an enjoyable interview with Detroit Hip Hop artist D.G. Clip. Lots of laughs and D.G. Clip gives a couple of shout outs to Young Thug, and Rich Homie Quan.

    DG Clip was born and raised in Detroit Michigan and moved to Kailua-kona, Hawaii in 2006 and then to ocean view Hawaii in 2010.

    Since 2004, D.G. has been involved in Hip Hop in the form of writing and doing showcases.

    Focus on making an impact in the industry at large from 2012-2014 led him along with his cousin Jay Gutta to form the 313 808 connect gang a coalition of underground hip hop artists from around the country sharing beats verses and ideas and promoting each other to help replace the mainstream and create more opportunities.





    In 2015 the start of Connect Gang Radio and the TMF Entertainment Record label has led to D.G. forming a solid team of artists in Hawaii and Detroit as well as an in house platform to mass promote these artists and projects as well as other underground artists and local businesses.

    You can still find him working hard everyday for underground hip hop and building new bridges and finding new chances for his team and other indie artists to get the spotlight they deserve.


    Enjoy the interview. Don't forget to leave a shout out in the comments.
    What city and state did you grow up in?
    Detroit, Michigan and I currently live in Hawaii
    What was it like growing up in Detroit?
    Man it was wild
    Tell me some things about yourself? 
     I am pretty mellow
    Tell me about your team?
    They are in Detroit and Hawaii
    How did get your name?
    I was hunting around for a name. So I used my initials and put clip on it.
    Tell me about your latest release?
    The Streets So Cold (mixtape) (Check out latest release Heatwave)
    What inspired you to become a artist?
    I been into Hip hop since I was 9 years old. I loved that Big Poppa
    Who was the first artist you collaborated with?
    Swerve ( my girlfriend cousin)
    Do you think the music has changed from then to now?
     Most definitely I can't stand the radio, I can't stand these MF'S
    How would you categorize your style?
    I am a blend of Jada Kiss, and Rakim
    What if any message do you try to relay to the audience?
    Just don't quit keep pushing
    What would you change about the music industry from an executive stand point?
    It would be about the lyrics again, now it's all about Auto tunes
    What do you think attributed to the change from consciousness of the early 80's to the gangster era of today?
    All these special effects and Auto tunes
    What are your thoughts about the way the artists are presenting themselves?
    Lol, they look like a circus act. They are on that Barnum and Bailey shit.
    So tell me what do you think about Young Thug and Rich Homie Quan.
    The are Booed up, pretending to like women. (Listen to interview recording below)
    What would you consider to be the big break that will get the artists foot in the door mainstream?
    They need to work the internet
     How long have you been in the music industry?
    Since I was 9
    What are your goals for the future?
    Grinding for my team
    Do you have any shows/album/videos coming up?
    Today I just released my mixtape "Streets So Cold"
    Are there any artists that you would like to collaborate with?
    Mobbed Deep, Gangstarr, Rakim, J Cole
    So your fans can follow you what social media sites are you on?
    Facebook, Soundcloud
    Are you involved in any social or political groups?
    Some charity work
    Are there any youth or community programs that you are involved in?
    I am community oriented. I had a Can food drive.
    Are there any challenges that you have dealt with and you have  overcame?
    Trying to get to where I am today, was a challenge.
    Are you interested in making movies?
    I don't mind.
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    A national brand.
    What advice would you give to young men today who are suffering from injustices?
    Don't quit, and don't let it get you down.
    What advice do you give to aspiring artists who are trying to get into the music industry?
    Don't quit, if this is something you want to do.
    What keeps you motivated?
    Just loving what I do
     If you could change your profession what would it be?
    Promoter, Publicist
    What do you think about the legalization of Marijuana?
    It's Cool, they found a way to tax it.
     Married? children?
    No, no
     Favorite food?
    Cheeseburgers
    What are your hobbies?
    Writing,  producing.
     Zodiac?
    Cancer
    I would like to thank you for this very powerful interview. I look forward to future interviews with you. Much Success in all of your endeavors. God bless you.


    Hear and read more interviews with LaSuria and her guests, here

    Interviewer  LaSuria Kandi Allman
    Kandi Kane Ent.
    For booking or Interviews contact me at

    Write About Or Link To This Post On Your Blog - Easy Links :
    Link Directly To This Post :

    Link To The Homepage :

    Leave a Reply

    Does this character move you in any way? You can twitter if you wish.

    Request Review Copies

    If you’d like to request a copy of any of my novels to review, please contact Ey Wade imtheauthor@gmail.com Please put 'request for review copy' in subject line. I also love working with bloggers and other reviewers!

    You can see all of my books (including previews) through the links on our Web site, Wade-In Publishing.com. You can also grab pins @itsmeeywade on Pinterest.com