Revealing Bare Bones & Free Codes

    Author: Ey Wade Genre: »
    Rating

    THE VOICE: Today we have another interview with the author, Ey Wade. Since there seems to be an interest an a buzz building about her creative non-fiction book, Beads on a String-America's Racially Intertwined Biographical History, she wanted to strip off the essentials and explain the premise and research acquired to write the book. Some may say the subject was covered during previous interviews, but I have to say, nope, today we get to the bare bones of the book.

     Before we get started, I just want to say Ms. Wade is offering a free code ( vf89v ) to get the book now until June 25, to be used at Smashwords. Run over, get the book and when you're finished, hop on back and leave a review. Share the code with your family, friends, neighbors, people on the street . http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/14745

    Okay, Ms. Wade, feel free to start whenever you're ready. 

    Ey Wade: Ok, Thanks for having me, again. I love coming here. It's always so homey and its funny, how sometimes I feel as if I'm talking to myself. *she laughs a little, before regaining her composure.

    As you may remember, or some of you may not even know, Beads on a String started off as a home-school project. Black History Month was coming up and my youngest daughter was having issues about the shortness of the month and the particular African Americans individuals which are always exhibited. I as the mother and a home-school parent wanted to give her what she wanted and I could find none. I wanted her to know more about America and Americans.

    So we decided to write our own. First, we researched lists of 'notables' within every ethnicity. For example,
    Biographies of Notable Asian Pacific Americans
    We then researched their field of specialty,  sorted them into these categories, searched out the biographies, edited, arranged them by year of birth (in each category) and put them in the book.     

    • 1Arts/Authors,
    • 2 Entertainment/Media/Film & Television
    • 3 Military
    • 4 Governmental Leaders
    • 5 Religion
    • 6 Science and Education
    • 7 Sports
    • 8 Activists 
    Quite a simple task with wiki.Then each list was broken down and combined with the other races. Videos were found, edited, converted, added, and we ended up with the product we now have. It is receiving very nice reviews and I'm really proud of it.


    Seems as if the traditional publishing world demands you have a huge platform, hence experience on a subject before they will think about publishing. can't think how there is more experience than in the life I live, so I self-published.


    At first I published the book with a program called Desktop Author. It is an awesome program, with page turning capabilities, which allowed me to put videos directly inside the book. I had a lot of problem trying to upload it to blogger, so I put it on a site called, meagaupload. Go ahead and download a sample.
     Enhanced Version
    You can find Beads on a String-America's Racially Intertwined Biographical History in all of the major online bookstores.
    Kindle, Smashwords , Sony or Kobo, Scribed
    Nook and iPad here & here.
    What do you believe? Download the preview

    And that's about it.Thanks, again for having me In the Chair.


    THE VOICE:Not a problem, Ms. Wade. Please, come back anytime. And there you have it folks, the bare bones on the making of Beads on a String-America's Racially Intertwined Biographical History. Don't forget, take that free code and go discovery history. ( vf89v ) Free until June 25, to be used at Smashwords.

    Write About Or Link To This Post On Your Blog - Easy Links :
    Link Directly To This Post :

    Link To The Homepage :

    Leave a Reply

    Does this character move you in any way? You can twitter if you wish.

    Request Review Copies

    If you’d like to request a copy of any of my novels to review, please contact Ey Wade imtheauthor@gmail.com Please put 'request for review copy' in subject line. I also love working with bloggers and other reviewers!

    You can see all of my books (including previews) through the links on our Web site, Wade-In Publishing.com. You can also grab pins @itsmeeywade on Pinterest.com