TALKING TO MYSELF-Interview about Beads on a String

    Author: Ey Wade Genre: »
    Rating

    Today will begin our first interview with the author Ey Wade on her ground breaking book Beads on a String-America's Racially Intertwined Biographical History.
    The Voice: Ms. Wade will you tell the audience what enticed you to the research on such a huge undertaking as combining so many great Americans into one book?
    Ms. Wade: Yes, I would be glad to share. When my daughters were younger I chose to remove the elder two girls from the public school system. They were in the 4th & 6th grades and I had gotten pretty fed up with the things going on in schools. The youngest never entered the public school system as a child.
    I was PTA President in one school, treasurer in another, on the Campus Improvement Committee, attending various meetings and realized the injustices were ridiculous. They prejudices crossed many lines and were drawn on more than color, they also drawn across financial and social status.
    As a single parent I taught them well and decided this would be the best way to help them love the world without being slapped in the face for their racial or social differences. I believed this would give them time to build their self-esteem and tolerance. That was until it came to history or should I say "Black" history.
    The Voice: What happened?
    Ms. Wade:   Well, Black History Month was coming up and my youngest daughter was having issues about the shortness of the month and the particular African Americans individuals which are always exhibited. She asked about a history book that talked about all the races within its bounded pages. She is a born optimist and hates the way we as adults seem to enjoy racial profiling. I as the mother and a home-school parent wanted to give her what she wanted and I could find none. So we decided to write our own.
    The Voice- How did you go about doing that? 
    Ms. Wade : First of all, we researched lists of 'notables' within every ethnicity and field. Quite a simple task with wiki. Then each list was broken down and combined with the other races. I really enjoyed learning about their lives. After that I organized the topics by century and birthday.
    The Voice: What are some of the amazing stories you learned?
    Ms. Wade: Did you know the concept of categorizing 'race'  was established by a research and thesis paper of one man?
    The Voice: No.
    Ms. Wade: I was really surprised. This history book explains so much. It helped me to understand the greatness of America and how it takes all of us to make the U.S.
    Beads on a String-America's Racially Intertwined Biographical History.

    READ MORE INTERVIEWS: Kindle, Smashwords , Sony or Kobo, Scribed
    Nook and iPad here & here.
    What do you believe? Download the preview



    Write About Or Link To This Post On Your Blog - Easy Links :
    Link Directly To This Post :

    Link To The Homepage :

    Leave a Reply

    Does this character move you in any way? You can twitter if you wish.

    Request Review Copies

    If you’d like to request a copy of any of my novels to review, please contact Ey Wade imtheauthor@gmail.com Please put 'request for review copy' in subject line. I also love working with bloggers and other reviewers!

    You can see all of my books (including previews) through the links on our Web site, Wade-In Publishing.com. You can also grab pins @itsmeeywade on Pinterest.com