K.R. Bankston-IN THE CHAIR

    Author: Ey Wade Genre: »
    Rating


    Thank you all for returning to IN THE CHAIR. We have a prolific author today, KR Bankston. She is the author of many novels and since it is so nice outside, I thought we would sit out on the deck. Come along there's plenty of room and KR is already there.



    KR Bankston is an escalating serial novelist, following in the famous footsteps of her idol, VC Andrews. She is CEO and Founder, of Kirabaco (ki-rah-buh-ko) Publishing LLC, which houses her works. She has written and published to date some 25 novels. KR's "BookOpera" series “Thin Ice” was voted Serial Novel of the Year in 2012 and 2013. Her other series, “The Gianni Legacy” has been touted as The Godfather of modern day. Read Gianni's interview here.







    EY: . Hi, KR, I've read through your bio and author page, you've been really busy. When did you start writing? 

     I’ve been writing for as long as I can recall, but I’ll say around 10 or 11. I wrote quick short stories, and then I began keeping a diary. I kept that until my mid 30’s. 

     EY: What is the difference in your perception between now and the time you started writing? 

     I’ve of course grown up. I’ve seen and experienced so many things in the number of years since I first began. Life has happened

    . EY: Please write a few lines about the books you have published, and what brought you to publishing each one of them.

     I have 25 books in publication. The first one, A Deadly Encounter, was published via vanity press, which was a nightmare. After getting my rights back and doing my own homework, I decided to self publish. I have since gone on to self-pub all my books under my publishing house, Kirabaco Publishing.

     EY: What are you writing about now and why are you writing this book?


      Right now I’m working on book four of the Noir Frost Saga. I’m writing it to finish the story started when I wrote and published the Thin Ice Saga.

    EY: Tell me, how do you go about writing your books? Do the ideas just pop in your head or do you have to plot and plan?

     I’m really an on the fly type person. Some ideas I get from conversations had/seen/heard. Some I get from dreams I’ve had, some from things I see in everyday life. The ideas just come. There is no real rhyme or reason.

     EY: I’m having a bit of a hard time marketing my books. What are your techniques and do you feel they are working?

     I am still very much a believer in Grass Roots and Word of Mouth. I employ both with my readers/supporters, who pass out flyers, post cards, etc for me. As well as sharing my social media posts, etc.

     EY: Where can the audience purchase your books? 

     My books are available via all the usual outlets (Amazon, BN, GooglePlay, iTunes, Kobo etc) as well as my site, www.krbankstononline.com

     EY: I have a habit of talking (interviewing) to the people in my books. How do you communicate with your characters?

     LOL. Trust me, my characters are very talkative, demanding, and spoiled. They speak right up, no matter where I am or what I’m doing. I find myself making little notes all the time.

    EY:  If I were to interview one or two of the characters from your novel what do you thing he/she would say about the role you put him/her in? Do you think they would like the book?

     I think my characters would be very satisfied. I try to be respectful of how I portray them, even at their worst.

     EY: What hobby or activity do you enjoy other than writing?
     I’m a reader when I can find time. I love football, so I indulge that frequently.
    Thank you for your time, K.R.Bankston.


    You can find the Author on the following networks:
    http://www.krbankstononline.com
    http://twitter.com/KRBankston

    http://www.facebook.com/KRBankstonTheAuthor

     https://www.facebook.com/KrBankston

     http://www.youtube.com/user/KRBTheAuthor


    ~~~~~

    My guest, thank you all for visiting. When you have time, visit my web page at http://wade-inpublishing.com

    If you would like an interview with Ey Wade, there is a submission form at the top of this blog. 



    Write About Or Link To This Post On Your Blog - Easy Links :
    Link Directly To This Post :

    Link To The Homepage :

    Leave a Reply

    Does this character move you in any way? You can twitter if you wish.

    Request Review Copies

    If you’d like to request a copy of any of my novels to review, please contact Ey Wade imtheauthor@gmail.com Please put 'request for review copy' in subject line. I also love working with bloggers and other reviewers!

    You can see all of my books (including previews) through the links on our Web site, Wade-In Publishing.com. You can also grab pins @itsmeeywade on Pinterest.com