In the Chair With Michele Kimbrough #newrelease #amreading

    Author: Ey Wade Genre: »
    Rating

    Hello audience, and welcome back to IN THE CHAIR. Did you get a chance to read the excerpt posted yesterday? It was a peek at our guest for today, Michele Kimbrough.


    Michele lives in Chicago (but cheers for the Green Bay Packers). She’s an Air Force veteran and formerly a nonprofit corporate executive. She describes herself as a work in progress, and counts coffee and red wine as the best discoveries of all times.

    Michele writes stories because she loves peeling back the layers of messy truths that come with living life.
     Her characters are flawed and encounter challenges that either grow them or destroy them.
    Her passion is writing and she’s written freelance articles and contributed to various blogs.
     Dangerously in Love is her third novel.


    http://theinterviewedcharacter.blogspot.com/2015/02/preorder-dangerously-in-love-by.htmlHi, Michelle, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule and stopping to chat with my audience. A HUGE congrats on the release of Dangerously in Love. If you remember audience,  *Ey turns to face camera. * we took a sneak peek at Michele on yesterday's show and you can read an excerpt in our archives or on her .com. 




     Tell us Michele, what is the basis of Dangerously in Love? 
     During a sizzling-hot Chicago summer, landscaper and former attorney Hilton "Hill" Parker
    becomes dangerously involved with the sultry Caitlin Church, whose casual flirtation turns Hill's world

     upside down.

     But Hill has no idea the sea of trouble in which he is about to swim, and that certain events are already set in  motion for him to take the dive. He soon learns that Caitlin is more cunning than anyone ever dreamed.


    When did you start writing, and what did you write about?

     I started writing when I was a kid. My first book was Lily the Lemon. I wrote it when I was ten.

    What is the difference in your perception between now and the time you started writing?
     
    I have a lot of “living” under my belt – a lot of experiences – which inform my perceptions of things.

    Please write a few lines about the books you have published, and what brought you to publishing each one of them.”

    All of my books are about relationships -- the good, the bad and the ugly. Prudence is about a woman trying to find herself after a major loss. Wildflower is about a woman rediscovering herself after a bad divorce. Dangerously in Love is about a man whose decisions, after a breakup, send him spiraling head-first toward rock bottom. I’m not sure what brought me to publishing them – I guess they were stories I wanted other people to read and enjoy.

    There is nothing wrong with a good book focusing on relationships, it may be the point someone needs to hear. What are you writing about now and why are you writing this book? 

    Right now, I’m writing a story for young readers (and adults as well). It’s a story about a middle school aged girl who basically finds her voice. I’m writing this story because a friend asked me (in jest) to write a book that her granddaughter could see herself in. So many books featuring black girls for young girls are so somber. She wanted something where her granddaughter could see the light and love and power in being who she is. It’s a work in progress.

    Tell me, how do you go about writing your books? Do the ideas just pop in your head or do you have to plot and plan?

    A character or situation may come to mind and a play around with it in my head for a while. If it seems like I could make something of it, I’ll give it a go. There are many stories which I started that have since been abandoned. They become little shorts, or what I call “Ridiculously Short Stories”.

    I don’t know if you’re anything like me, but I’m having a bit of a hard time marketing my books. What are your techniques and do you feel they are working?

    I’m fumbling in the dark where marketing is concerned. Just recently, someone gave me a flashlight so that it’s not so dark in this tunnel of marketing. Ha!! I’m still learning.

    I have a habit of talking (interviewing) to the people in my books.  How do you communicate with your characters?

    I always say that I’m not a writer, I’m a transcriber. I just write what my characters tell me to write. Ha! They are the author of their own stories.

    If I were to interview one or two of the characters from your novel what do you thing he/she would say about the role you put him/her in? Do you think they would like the book?
    Prudence would be pissed that I put her through so much. She took an emotional beating. Iris (Wildflower) would probably cuss me out for shocking her with the secret about Preston (her new man).  Hill (Dangerously in Love) probably would have preferred to be more aware of the things he was blind to. In other words, all of them would be begging me to lift the pen a little when it came to their conflicts.

    What hobby or activity do you enjoy other than writing? I love watching movies. I like reading a good book, too.
    I often read more when I’m writing. There’s something about reading that ignites my imagination – and my writing feeds off of that.
    I see our time is almost up, before we part, can you tell the audience where they may purchase your books?

    All of  my books are available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Michele-Kimbrough/e/B00DSP6MSS

    Thank you for your time and stopping over to chat with us here at IN THE CHAIR. Audience don’t forget to run over and get your copy of Dangerously in Love. Keep in contact with Michele at the links below.

    Write About Or Link To This Post On Your Blog - Easy Links :
    Link Directly To This Post :

    Link To The Homepage :

    Leave a Reply

    Does this character move you in any way? You can twitter if you wish.

    Request Review Copies

    If you’d like to request a copy of any of my novels to review, please contact Ey Wade imtheauthor@gmail.com Please put 'request for review copy' in subject line. I also love working with bloggers and other reviewers!

    You can see all of my books (including previews) through the links on our Web site, Wade-In Publishing.com. You can also grab pins @itsmeeywade on Pinterest.com